"MAXDOG" is now available on Amazon.com!!
Click HERE for the 'Print-on-Demand' version
Click HERE for the Kindle (USA) version
Click HERE for the Kindle (UK) version
Caryl Moll's author page on Amazon, click HERE

Dear Readers and faithful friends,

After a number of years of wonderful blogging, this blog has effectively become dormant - except for occasional updates regarding my book, MAXDOG. I have left this blog as a legacy to my dog and a place of sanctuary where we can reflect upon his life. Take your time, peruse the pages spanning Max's 18 months in cyberspace. Feel refreshed and uplifted because his story is an amazing one of..."LIVING LIFE TO THE MAX!"
My activities have now moved on to my new blog entitled "LIVING LIFE TO THE MAX". Please join me there where you can read about my family and canine companions. I also invite you to visit MAXDOG's FANPAGE on FACEBOOK. You can follow the specific links by clicking below:

* 'LIVING LIFE TO THE MAX: click HERE
*MAXDOG'S FACEBOOK FAN PAGE: click HERE
* MAXDOG, the book: click HERE

If you would like to follow me on a deeper, spiritual level, then I invite you to visit my more personal blog:

May God bless you and thank you for following me!
MAXMOM IN SOUTH AFRICA

MAXDOG's CHRISTMAS TRIBUTE

Friday, September 25, 2009

AM I A BABYSITTER...OR WHAT!?

mmmWOOF!
GREETINGS FROM SOUTH AFRICA!
MAXDOG here.....


Hey there all my furry friends!

Yesterday's HERITAGE DAY celebrations brought a whole variety of new dynamics for me in this household. But I suppose that is what a pack leader has to do.

...manage CHANGE!

Firstly, Robyn decided that she needed a pet to take back to her university residence with her. I was wondering why she can't take one of us?Apparently we are TOO BIG!!!

Well, I am NOT big! Big is like MANGO! But it seems she disagrees!

So, we now have another resident (part-time) in this household.

Meet...."SCHNAPPS"

(all 12 grams of Russian Dwarf Hamster! ...nearly as big as COCORUE or RUMER!)

Well after the dramatic entrance and introduction of SCHNAPPS,
I had to manage yet another change...
Remember JEANIE?
Yep...she came visiting again!

JEANIE decided to really make herself at home yesterday!


Smelling all our stuff!


Climbing into our rockery!

I had to go and check on things!
Seems like she is only a puppy (Mom tells me about 5 months old), so

NO WORRIES!!!
Tammy was also chilled with JEANIE's presence!




TOFFEE however was not impressed at all!!!
He barked, growled and put on his real miserable face until Mom isolated him in the bedroom. He was adamant that all hell would break loose if JEANIE became permanent!
(between you and me, I think TOFFEE's social skills are shot!!!
Why can't he be like TESSA?)
Well all that barking made JEANIE seek reassurance!

NOT for long though!
...she soon became all "bitey face" again!


Now I ask you...
WHAT IS MAXDOG SUPPOSED TO THINK?
AM I A BABYSITTER...OR WHAT!?
---xXx---

All this confusion made me go and help Mom in the kitchen!
Mom says cooking always sorts out confusion!

(Apparently she was also dealing with some sort of guilt?? She had put up a recipe for MELKTERT on my blog yesterday and suggested that my furfriends make it. Mom says that if you suggest things to friends, you should do them yourself!
So she made the MELKTERT too and we reaped the reward.)
It was
YUMMYLICIOUS!

Did you guys make it?
(The recipe is in the blogpost below!)
mmm....NOM...NOM...NOM!
Lots of licks
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA


25 comments:

Dexter said...

Toffee is very wise. Puppies are kind of cute for visits only. When they come to stay they start to get too big for their britches. Best to let them know who is in charge right off.

Slobbers,
Mango

Madd said...

Hello...

Toffee sounds like a real kill joy! That Jeannie dog is really cute, and is unlikely to threaten Toffee's rank in the pack, because she is only an occasional visitor right? It seems everyone liked her except Toffee! I guess thats what he gets for being over cooked.

He sounds like a brat that could use a good scratch with my kitty claws!

Jeannie seems to have had a great time by the looks of those photos ;)

It was kind of all of you to be so accomodating of her...

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Max....You're a wonderful babysitter!!!!!
;-))))))))
It's important for these sweet and young creatures have such a wonderful and intelligent and big and friendly friend.....
They are soooooooo lucky to have you near them!!!!
WELCOME to Schnapps...even if we don't understand why Robyn needed him and don't you.....UMPHHHHHHHHH!!!
And Jeanie looks sooooooooooooooo cute....you're very very gentle leaving her to sniff all around YOUR home!!!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...sometimes these girls are sooooooooooooooo nosy!!!!
Wawawwaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
She have such a razor theet...like MAya!!!!!We have all our faces bite from her!!!!
POOR USSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
Help us Max.....can we live with you for a long period....until she'll be a young lady!!!!!?????
;-))))))
And.........Gnam gnam gnam...we're drooling looking that yummylicious cake!!!!
Mommy is going to buy all the ingredients so she'll try to do it tomorrow!!!
WOOWOWOOOOOOO!!!!!
We'll post the pics soon!!!!!!
Thanks to your sweet mommy to share the recipe with yus!!!!
We miss you a lot guys!!!!
Hope to meet you in the future!!!!
You're a wonderful family and we love you a lot!!!!!!
Thanks to be our friends!!!!
Tons of love and kisses!!!
Take care!!!!
SMACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Hi Max,

Our big sissy, Kat, used to have mice pets - and Mom says they are wonderful pets -well not as good as a dog.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

Nika + PARKER said...

Oh no Mom is afraid of mice ... mice anything, pets, wild, whatever. Now...yum, looks like something is a bakin! Have a wonderful weekend!

the magic sleigh said...

Wooos Max! Nice to meet woo! I think that having to babysit little ones can be difficult, I understand your escape to kitchen, a great place to go for a snack too.
That little Schnapps, looked a bit like a snack I had caught the other night, did you sniff it to see if it was tasty? I suppose if it is a pet you cannot try it and see, bummer.
-Kira The BeaWootiful

Maxmom said...

Hey Guys
SCHNAPPS is a Russian Dwarf HAMSTER!!!! NOT a mouse!
Licks
MAXDOG

Angus said...

The more I read about Toffee the more I think he and Digby must somehow be related!

TwoSpecialWires said...

MAX! We think you're a wonderful host. Not a babysitter! You've had a houseful of guests for the past few weeks - no wonder you want to spend time in the kitchen cookin' and bakin' (or around the grill... yummm that braai sounds like near perfection) finding some peace and solace. We LOVE visiting your blog and seeing your country and meeting your friends. You seem to always give us good ideas... Moma will be making the Melktert soon - maybe this week - and we have a feeling when our Girl sees Schnapps, she'll croon, "Ohhhh! He's sooooo cute! I want one!" Now we're wondering if she'll try replace us with a little Russian Dwarf Hamster when she heads to the really big school. (She's gonna love that it's "Russian.")

We love you, friends. A lot.
Jake and Fergi xxoo

Cloud the Wonder Dog said...

Awww, mom LOVES dwarf hamsters, she says they are so cute! She also says I can't have one cuz I am a RAT terrier and would try to kill it. Well, yeah. I can't help what I am, BOL!

Luv,
Cloud

Anya said...

Hi Max
I love your post today :)
And I love it to play with a hamster (toy.. LOL)
Thanks for your lovely comments always.
Yes I sleep at the moment on a big black cat ;)
HEHE

hugs love
Kareltje =^.^=

Jan Mader said...

Loved your post today...as usual.

You're a good babysitter and host all wrapped up into one.

As for the dwarf hamsters, it wouldn't matter if they were mice...we like anything with fur!

Dog By Nature said...

Jeanie is adorable, love her bitey face! Puppies are cute but tiring too:) Maybe some puppy kisses will bring Toffee around!

M,S & Kona

The Army of Four said...

Woo. I love the colors in Schnapps' coat! Very pretty.
Jeanie seems pretty cool. Color-wise, she goes really well with you and Tammy. Maybe Toffee feels outnumbered by shades of gold pups? Ha woo.
We haven't tried the melktert yet, but want to! I love that picture of you supervising your mom!
Luv,
Dave

Ziggy Stardust said...

Max, how nice of you to help Mommy in the kitchen, I don't get to do that often. Something about always licking things. Schnapps looks cute, I guess it is ok as long as you still get the most attention.

licks and sniffs, Sasha

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Toffee just needs to learn to chill!

Tank woo again fur introducing/sharing your furiends with us!

My khousin Merdie is here with me this weekend! She's one of WOO although she's not light like woo!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

♥ Tiffykins ♥ said...

Max,
Mom almost forgot about the MelkTert, luckily she seen your post and remembered, she is making it right now and will let you know how she likes it. Schnapps is very cute mom said she used to have a Russian Dwarf Hamster his name was Abercrombie. Mom also had a rabbit named Bunnie that was teh same size if not bigger then Rumer!

Kali

Sierra Rose said...

Hey there! Jeanie is pretty cute!! Looks like she likes it there.
Didn't try the recipe...mom is slow at making even hoooooman recipes besides muffins and stirfry! But, lovely photo of you and mom in the kitchen. How wonderful that you were helping out!!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Yas said...

Hi Max! Great post today, Jeanie sure is cute!Schnapps is interesting looking..Mommy thought of getting a hamster once but she was worried if we'd get along..you know us being under the same roof..with mommy out mostly during the day..! Hav a great weekend!

P.S- still trying to get mommy to make the melktert very soon. she's been bit busy these days..

Cheers,
Maxx

Valerie Cummings said...

Hi Max!! Schnapps is cuuuuuuttttee!!! You look good, cooking in the kitchen!!! Hugs Joey and Kealani

Sally Ann and Andy said...

What a cute little hamster. She is adorable. I sure hope that Jeanie didn't bug Tommy to much.
Mack

Unknown said...

Oh Max - you are always such a gracious host! It sounds like pandemonium in your household what with Jeanie's puppy antics and Toffee's grumpiness...and then Schnapps as well! (OOOOOOOOH!!! My human squealed when she saw Schnapp's picture - she has a real soft spot for hamsters because their 1st ever pet was a hamster!)

That tart looked so yummy. I've just been to visit Rumer & Kai's blog and they've already been following your recipe!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Charlie said...

I think Jeanie looks like a very nice friend and Toffee should lighten up!
- Charlie

How Sam Sees It said...

The hamster is so cute! I'm sure Jeanie was being on her best behavior! She is such pretty dog!

Sam

Barb said...

Jeanie looks like a lovely dog and I am sure, Toffee, that she would not want to usurp your position so don't worry. She is just a friendly visitor.

Max, you look really keen on those milk tarts and I am glad they met your expectation. You are so handsome ....... sigh