Hello there everybody!
As Maxdog slowly and steadily deteriorates, I have decided that I am going to convert my heartache and I am going to have a...
"FEEL GOOD MOMENT " DAY!
It's really difficult somedays to watch your beloved companion battle with the inevitable.
Again - I don't know when it will be, but the same angst that I felt on the day the specialists gave me the news, remains. At that point I was lead to believe it he only had two weeks left.
But today is his...
73rd Day of Grace...
I have to continually remind myself that each day is a gift...
but it is sometimes very hard!
Today I invite you to join me in reflecting on some of the moments which give us all a 'feel good' feeling.
As dog owners, I know that there are plenty of them but it would be nice to hear some of yours too....
These 'feel good' moments don't only have to be about our furry friends.
Let's embrace them all!
HERE ARE SOME OF MY OWN 'FEEL GOOD' MOMENTS:
(In totally random order.)
(To get YOU started...)
* A steamy beverage clutched in my icy fingers on a chilly morning.
* The smell of baking bread or muffins wafting through the house.
* Waking up and suddenly realising that it's Saturday and I am able to steal a few more moments in bed.
* Puppy Breath
* The surreal and sudden quiet that settles during the extraordinary phenomenon of an eclipse.
* A wake-up lick from one of my furry friends
(The following photos are all OLD photos...)
* The bright sunlight emerging from the clouds after a sudden shower of rain and the smell of a clean new world.
* The soothing sound of the water feature in our garden.
*Watching smiles explode in welcome at the airport.
* The sounds of the dogs running trenches in our passage before their evening walk.
*The moment when the sun dips below the horizon from the top of Table Mountain in Cape Town.
* The feel of the sand between your toes as you step onto the beach.
* Opening a surprise package from my distant fur-friends
* The feeling of total bonding during MAXDOG's ear rub...
* Watching MAXDOG finish his food
* Having KING TOFFEE relax into my chest in deep, deep contentment
* The Sound of MAXDOG's tail thumping on the floor
* The faces and sounds of my canine 'welcoming committee' when I get home.
* The Sounds of Flapping Hadedah Ibises followed by TAMMY GIRL's frustrated bark.
* The solitary cry of an African fish eagle in the African bushveld...
* Being witness to something quite extraordinary...that very few of us will ever see...
* The last stitch to a quilt
* MAXDOG saying "mmm...Om!" spontaneously.
* Getting a clean bill of health at the Vet
* Cuddling your dog...
* The pack scuttling to the front door in the evening, without barking, indicating that "The Boss" is home.
* MAXDOG producing a 30cm record string of drool whilst waiting for my muffins to come out of the oven.
* Tucking my cold feet under MAXDOG's warm body on a cold winter's evening.
* A perfect recall
MOST OF ALL!.....
* Getting up on this 73rd Day of Grace and realising that it is indeed ...
ANOTHER DAY OF GRACE!!!
So what are YOUR "Feel Good moments"?
My 'feel good moment' of the day is:
(Go and take a look!)