It is obvious, from the picture taken, that I find my dog's snout amazing!!
DID YOU KNOW THE FOLLOWING:??
* That the longer the dog's nose, the better sniffer and smell detector he/she is!
* Some dogs are bred for their sense of smell... to become hunters, trackers or sniffer dogs. Some dogs can even detect cancer through their sense of smell
* A dogs nose is wet to attract moisture; it collects molecules from its surroundings in order to smell and interpret them.
* A dog licks its nose to keep it moist in order to enhance its smell.
* A dog's nasal membranes are far bigger than those of humans. Indeed its olfactory bulbs are 4 times larger than ours.
* Proportionately to ours, a dog devotes more of its brain to its sense of smell.
* When a dog smells around, he is in fact "Reading the News" of the world around him.
So, be aware of your dog...when he puts his snout up in the air and sniffs deeply, accept that there is something unusual happening around!