"MAXDOG" is now available on Amazon.com!!
Click HERE for the 'Print-on-Demand' version
Click HERE for the Kindle (USA) version
Click HERE for the Kindle (UK) version
Caryl Moll's author page on Amazon, click HERE

Dear Readers and faithful friends,

After a number of years of wonderful blogging, this blog has effectively become dormant - except for occasional updates regarding my book, MAXDOG. I have left this blog as a legacy to my dog and a place of sanctuary where we can reflect upon his life. Take your time, peruse the pages spanning Max's 18 months in cyberspace. Feel refreshed and uplifted because his story is an amazing one of..."LIVING LIFE TO THE MAX!"
My activities have now moved on to my new blog entitled "LIVING LIFE TO THE MAX". Please join me there where you can read about my family and canine companions. I also invite you to visit MAXDOG's FANPAGE on FACEBOOK. You can follow the specific links by clicking below:

* 'LIVING LIFE TO THE MAX: click HERE
*MAXDOG'S FACEBOOK FAN PAGE: click HERE
* MAXDOG, the book: click HERE

If you would like to follow me on a deeper, spiritual level, then I invite you to visit my more personal blog:

May God bless you and thank you for following me!
MAXMOM IN SOUTH AFRICA

MAXDOG's CHRISTMAS TRIBUTE

Saturday, May 30, 2009

LIONS - THE KINGS OF OUR JUNGLE







mmmWOOF!

















Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your wonderful comments! It seems that there are many doggie lovers ,around the world, who are also interested in my wonderful country and that my idea of showing you around is tasty to you....YAY
..."MAX the tour guide!!"

Today, Im going to show you the KING OF OUR JUNGLE - THE LION. But firstly, don't you think that there is some similarity between me and the lion - my colour and my mane? I am also King of this household (Although Toffee thinks otherwise)! Unfortunately I don't climb trees! (By the way - lions don't usually climb trees! The photo above was taken at one of those sought after occasions.)

We have many animal parks in South Africa - the most famous is the Kruger National park - where you find the BIG FIVE - LION, BUFFALO, ELEPHANT, LEOPARD and RHINO. The Kruger National Park is about the size of IRELAND. Here, wild animals are free to roam as they please - it is their environment and humans are the visitors....wonderful!
Did you know that they are called the 'big five' because these animals are the most dangerous when you are walking around ("on foot" as the humans say).

Anyway, Mom's photos (above) of the lions were taken at "The Lion Park", just outside my city of Johannesburg. Its a lovely 'day visit' for guests in our city.

As I said in my previous post, us Dogs are not allowed in the animal parks. (Except the wild African hunting dog - which is an endangered species.) Not only is it dangerous for us domestic dogs, but wild animals can get all sorts of strange diseases from us and us from them. Indeed, some of us pedigreed dogs would simply not make it in the wild.

So guys, we love it here in South Africa. Hope you have found this interesting. Soon I will tell you about our 'biggest tree in the world'.
Have a barkful day!
Love
mmmMAXxxx

7 comments:

Suzuki said...

The littler dogs always think they rule evfurry pup!
I hope you have a pawsome weekend :)
Big licks to you
Suzuki
xxx

Hamish Westie said...

What a fine post - two members of the South Africa royal family,lion and dog, both at their most majestic!
Cheers, H.

Dexter said...

WOW! you live in a very strange place. I would be most afraid of a cat that big.

Nice to meet you.

Slobbers,
Mango

Rachel said...

I can't wait to hear about the tree. You're really good at this tour guide thing!

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

Woowoowooooo!!!!
What a wonderful photos!!!!
Thanks for sharing with us dear friend!!!!
Lion & dog..............Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...you both are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!
Awwwwwwwwwwwww.....how much we loved visit you in your special and beautiful country!!!!!!!
Have a wonderful weekend dear friend!!!
Lots of love and kisses

Taffy said...

I'm not sure what I would do if I saw a cat that big...I don't really like cats much. Okay, I hate em! Nice to meet ya, can't wait for the rest of the tour. ~Twix

Rufus and Indie said...

That lion looks scary!
We can't wait to hear more about the giant tree!
Kisses
Rufus and Indie