"MAXDOG" is now available on Amazon.com!!
Click HERE for the 'Print-on-Demand' version
Click HERE for the Kindle (USA) version
Click HERE for the Kindle (UK) version
Caryl Moll's author page on Amazon, click HERE

Dear Readers and faithful friends,

After a number of years of wonderful blogging, this blog has effectively become dormant - except for occasional updates regarding my book, MAXDOG. I have left this blog as a legacy to my dog and a place of sanctuary where we can reflect upon his life. Take your time, peruse the pages spanning Max's 18 months in cyberspace. Feel refreshed and uplifted because his story is an amazing one of..."LIVING LIFE TO THE MAX!"
My activities have now moved on to my new blog entitled "LIVING LIFE TO THE MAX". Please join me there where you can read about my family and canine companions. I also invite you to visit MAXDOG's FANPAGE on FACEBOOK. You can follow the specific links by clicking below:

* 'LIVING LIFE TO THE MAX: click HERE
*MAXDOG'S FACEBOOK FAN PAGE: click HERE
* MAXDOG, the book: click HERE

If you would like to follow me on a deeper, spiritual level, then I invite you to visit my more personal blog:

May God bless you and thank you for following me!
MAXMOM IN SOUTH AFRICA

MAXDOG's CHRISTMAS TRIBUTE

Saturday, May 29, 2010

MY MAX

GREETINGS FROM SOUTH AFRICA!!!
"MAX"
(A Poem)
An overwhelming Love I feel,
For this manificent creature at my heel.

Golden coat, tail held free,
Dark, beautiful eyes, all focused on me.

The excitement of his walk, he can hardly contain:
Pawing every step, his lead under strain.
"Free", I say: In a flash he bounds
Gurgling with pleasure, as he makes his rounds.
A sniff here, a 'point' there
A dart to the stream, a backward stare.

His coat is alight with silvery streaks
His stance so expressive, it almost speaks.
In contrast, he hurtles to the darkest of ponds:
Sticky slush and rotting fronds.

And then, he sits in it and stares in glee,
Knowing full well, the fury in me.
A final dip in that filthy lake,
Onto the bank and begins his "shake".

I shudder to think of the bath that must follow
To rid him of the gunge his fur had to swallow.
He stares at me as if nothing was done,
Now it's bathtime, for the smell is not fun.
Apologetically, reluctantly he climbs in the bath
He's so unhappy, I just have to laugh.
I bribe him with treats as I shampoo up his fur
and he answers my pleas with a soapy slur.

Finally rinsed out, he's as good as new,
Running trenches in my passage - the bath was the cue.
As hunger strikes, he's at my side,
Innocence again; nothing to hide.
I fill his bowl as he patiently watches,
The drool from his jowls, just falling in blotches.
The meal is his best, it seems to be
His very existence as he trusts in me.
As the night falls, so does he - at my feet

Our two spirits tied - always to meet.
He'd die for me, and I for him,
His short life; a concept too grim.

My companion, my friend, nothing he lacks!
My beautiful dog................

THAT'S MY MAX!!
(Caryl Moll: 2001) 

I would like to extend my heartfelt appreciation and thanks to all my friends, across the globe, for your unfailing support and love over this past incredible journey of 18 months of blogging.
In the past 6 months of Maxdog's illness, your love and compassion has strengthened me beyond measure! Your comments, emails, advice, prayers, tributes and messages of support for Maxdog, me, my family and my other furry companions have been an enormous blessing and have helped fortify me as I have travelled this path. It is a chapter now closed, but also new beginning. Our memories will last forever, those moments we will cherish. But It's now time to shape new ones.

This blog is a tribute to both Maxdog and his beautiful cyber-friends.
 If you stay a while and explore you will find their stories in the blogposts over the past 18 months. These tell a tale of phenomenal love and strength and might serve to uplift you in your own journey with your companions. The story of Max's full life, including those 8 years prior to blogging is currently being shaped by me, his sad but strengthened 'Maxmom', in a book which I am working on. I am so much richer for having known him and for having come to know my blogging friends and their powerful support group.

Thank you for your love and for simply being YOU!
I will be moving my activities to my new blog:
"LIVING LIFE TO THE MAX"


Please come and join us there...we remain
MAXDOG'S FAMILY


56 comments:

MurphyDog said...

What a beautiful poem about Max...its so wonderful to see all of the photos along the way, an incredible way to remember an incredible boy.

wags, wiggles & slobbers
Murphydog

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Beautiful words and photos, and we love Johnny Clegg in the background!

Piappies World said...

That's a very beautiful poem, Maxdog Mom! Thank you too and we are happy to know that you are writing Max's book.

We keep our love for Max beyond this blog for he will always be in our hearts.

We look forward to more of your posts in the other blog too.

Love lots,
-Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Pai, Wai-Max & the Piappies

Labrador Retriever said...

jetzt sind uns gerade die tränen gekommen, auch wenn es max do oben im himmel sicher gut geht.

solch schöne erinnerungen.

lasst euch ganz lieb drücken.

betty und luna

WFT Nobby said...

So many beautiful memories. Great love comes in so many different shapes, and your blog for Max described one aspect of love so vividly. So many of us will miss it, but also look forward to keeping contact and reading more about your life in South Africa in 'Living Life to the Max'.
A big thank you from Scotland.
Gail and Bertie.
PS I think about Hamish every day, often, and always with pleasure, albeit still tinged with sadness.

Kate said...

Another fantastical tribute to the wonderful Max!

A MilShelb Mom said...

What a beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing.
~Maggie

How Sam Sees It said...

We've really enjoyed seeing these pictures of Max. The poem was lovely.

Sam

Scout and Freyja said...

I recall reading that a while back - loved it then and love it now☺

Unknown said...

We will be sure to follow your other blog.

Thanks for the beautiful heartfelt poem. Maxdog touched all our hearts :)

Jake of Florida said...

A day in the life of your dear companion captured in lovely verse.

We feel Maxdog's presence and think about him often!

Wirey love,

Jake and Just Harry

houndstooth said...

I love the poem and the pictures that go with it are perfect! Maxdog left a rich and wonderful legacy. We are proud to have known him and called him friend!

Bunny and her mom

kissa-bull said...

you have quite the shpecial talents maxmom and all those bewootiful picshures make the poem just come alive. we sooooo love weading your posts . we keep you in our thoughts always

pibble sugars to you and all your pack
the pittie pack

pibble said...

It's so hard to lose that very special friend. The picture of the two of you looking into each others' eyes says it all: Love until the end of time!

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! As always, it's beautiful LOVE the POEM. You're such a great writer ... no doubt your book will be great. My family and I do understand what you're going through. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Heather and Kelly said...

The poem is gorgeous, as is all the pictures of Maxdog! It seems to me (though I never met him) that it captures his essence.

Love to you,
Heather

Two French Bulldogs said...

What wonderful memories of Max
Benny & Lily

Mrs. JP said...

beautiful words for a wonderful guy!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

A very fitting way to bring Max's blog to its completion. A little humor, a little fun, and lots of love.

Fond farewells, Max - we all miss you.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Jacqueline said...

A beautiful heart felt tribute to lovely Max and his fun, loving nature...I think Max is running free with your Mom, Caryl=both of their souls are so closely linked to yours, now and forever, and I feel they have found each other on the other side, comforting and loving each other until you all meet again....Love and hugs always sweet friend.

Sheila and Bob said...

Beautifully written, beautifully said, straight from the heart.

Max will be be all of us forever,
God Bless.

Sheila & Bob
Hamish & Sophie

missbreezysbox said...

A beautiful poem. I'm sorry to hear of his passing. I miss those moments on the floor with my rufus, like you with Max. I will hop on over now.

Sierra Rose said...

A very sweet poem, brings Max right to your heels. He's there.
Thank you for being here!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

KT and Easton said...

Reading the poem, I am there with you, knowing and understanding how these things are so priceless, painted on these virtual pages. Even though no one but you can fully comprehend that special connection, I dare to guess that every one of us has experienced the same. You were not only blessed with Max, but with the ability to articulate the magic you two had. We love it, we've lived it. Thank you.

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Beautiful poem and I will be in the queue to buy the book.. Takce care.. Love carol and GJ xx

sprinkles said...

That was a wonderful poem and I love he pictures! They're kind of making me weepy all over again.

I wish I could have gotten to "know" Max before he got so sick.

I'm going to spend a little time here reading about your life together.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Another MAXterpiece/peace MaxMom!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Beautiful poem. Hope it begins to get easier to breathe;
God Bless You
Jamie & the kids

Dexter said...

MAX! That poem was wonderful with great pictures of your wonderful self. We're missing you.

Slobbers,
Mango

Clive said...

That was a beautiful poem!

We miss Max so much but we were very pleased to hear at Murray's parent-teacher meeting yesterday that he had been very brave in telling his teachers and friends about Max passing. We posted about it tonight but we know that you might not get to visit so just to say that we are thinking of you all the time and that Max is never far from Murray's thoughts.

with love
Murray's Mom and family

1000 Goldens said...

Thank you for sharing your sweet Max with all of us. We are so sorry your precious friend is gone. We hope you will find comfort in the happy memories of a life well lived. Love, Farley's family

MySpecialDoggies said...

Dear Caryl
Thank you for granting us the privilege of sharing your special Max over the last few years. Your tributes to him are beautiful. May his memory remain with you always. Run free sweet Max.
Love,
Nadine, Apples & Neeli

Cheyenne -Millie said...

That is so wonderful! We love his sideways glance!

Asta said...

Maxmom,
You have such a gift. So lovely to be able to express your love so eloquently.
We keep coming back to see Max..somehow, we feel he is still with us when we see him. He did live life to the Max and fow that we awe so vewy gwateful. It wasn't long enough, but it was magical .
Thank you fow shawing his life and youws wif us

smoochie kisses
ASTA and Mommi

Lorenza said...

Adorable post!
I love you.
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Golden Samantha said...

What an incredibly beautiful poem - Max will certainly live on forever in our hearts as a legacy through this beautiful blog.
Huge Hugs xoxoxo
Sammie, Ozzie, Avalon, Miche and Bill

Becca & Mandy said...

This was my favorite poem so far! It's so perfect for his personality!

Noll's Nip said...

What a beautiful tribute. We knew Max for only a short amount of time; but feel enriched beyond measure. Hugs and purrs to you on your loss.

Huskee and Hershey said...

What a lovely tribute to your beautiful boy... it brought us to tears. Caryl, you have a gift with words and thank you for sharing this with us.

XOXO

Ms. ~K said...

Beautiful poem and memories of our beautiful Max!

i said...

What a beautiful and touching tribute! Max, we're glad to have known you even for such a short time.

Mochi and Bali said...

Beautiful poem for a wonderful pup!

Mochi

Bijou said...

I'm sorry for not coming over sooner but I have not been blogging as much lately.

Your poem is the perfect tribute to your one of a kind furiend. It touched our hearts and made us smile.

RIP Max

Bijou, Banjo and Mom

Nika + PARKER said...

We have not been blogging due to busy times. We are so sorry for not reading this sooner. We can thank you from the bottom of our hearts to have shared such a wonderful bond of you and Max with us your lucky blogger-friends.

RIP Max

Monika + Parker, your Canadian Friends xoxo

Mimi said...

Just stopped by to give you a hug, Max - can you feel it?

the booker man said...

what a beautiful poem by which to remember max!

the booker man and asa's mama

The Black and Tans. said...

A beautiful tribute to a wonderful boy.

Scout and Freyja said...

You are being remembered, dear Max. The World Cup begins and you, sweet boy, are being remembered.

Barb said...

I visit your new blog every day but I also still visit Max on a regular basis ~ just to stay connected to him and to honor his memory. I am currently reading all the entries from the World Tour.... it will take a while to get through all of them! I wanted to let you know that you touched the hearts of many through sharing MaxDog with us!!! We will always remember him :)

Teal'c said...

Hello Maxmom!
It took me and my mom a long, long time to finally sit down and write to you... My mom does most of her writing when she is at work (don't get the wrong idea here :) ) and everytime she/we came to say goodbye she started crying...
Now it is Saturday and we are at home. Thanks for sharing all those wonderful adventures with us and we are sure that Maxdog is happy on the other side of the rainbow bridge... What a beautiful poem and pawsome pictures.

Lots of love from Australia, slobbers and xxx from Teal'c and his hoomans

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Happy Father's Day to y'all!
Max, everybody miss you on this special day, especialy your daddy, mom, Tammy, Tommy and Toffee!
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Im sooo sorry to hear of Max's passing. He was a wonderful boy and will be greatly missed! He is in great company at the rainbow bridge! Hugs to all of you!

Mikey said...

What a fantastic dog. I sit here with tears in my eyes, reading about him. What a blessing to have him in your life. I'm so sorry he's gone. May he rest in peace. What a great dog.

Pip said...

Merry Christmas Max. We remembers you!
Love TK and Squashies

Kate said...

I didn't know you are such a poet. I love it. I would love to let got of my rabbit in their rabbit hutch and bond with you just to learn your poetic style.