"MAXDOG" is now available on Amazon.com!!
Click HERE for the 'Print-on-Demand' version
Click HERE for the Kindle (USA) version
Click HERE for the Kindle (UK) version
Caryl Moll's author page on Amazon, click HERE

Dear Readers and faithful friends,

After a number of years of wonderful blogging, this blog has effectively become dormant - except for occasional updates regarding my book, MAXDOG. I have left this blog as a legacy to my dog and a place of sanctuary where we can reflect upon his life. Take your time, peruse the pages spanning Max's 18 months in cyberspace. Feel refreshed and uplifted because his story is an amazing one of..."LIVING LIFE TO THE MAX!"
My activities have now moved on to my new blog entitled "LIVING LIFE TO THE MAX". Please join me there where you can read about my family and canine companions. I also invite you to visit MAXDOG's FANPAGE on FACEBOOK. You can follow the specific links by clicking below:

* 'LIVING LIFE TO THE MAX: click HERE
*MAXDOG'S FACEBOOK FAN PAGE: click HERE
* MAXDOG, the book: click HERE

If you would like to follow me on a deeper, spiritual level, then I invite you to visit my more personal blog:

May God bless you and thank you for following me!
MAXMOM IN SOUTH AFRICA

MAXDOG's CHRISTMAS TRIBUTE

Monday, August 10, 2009

HAPPY WOMEN'S DAY! WE GIVE YOU...NAMAQUALAND!

mmmWOOF!
Hello there to all my furry friends and their Moms from all over the world!
HAPPY WOMENS' DAY!!!
The pictures in this blog post are courtesy of http://www.sa-venues.com

I suppose you are wondering what this is all about. Well, it's a public holiday here in South Africa today. We are celebrating National Women's Day and what better way to celebrate it than with flowers! There are many of my blogging friends from around the world, who seem to be interested in flowers and plants so, as your unofficial tour guide, I thought I'd tell you about something magical which happens here in South Africa at this time of the year.

It's nearly Spring here and our daily walks show that there are millions and millions of buds presenting themselves on our trees. One magical phenomenon which happens here in our country is the spectacle of Namaqualand! Every year, between July and September, just after the first rains, a miracle happens in the arid landscape of our Western Cape. An explosion of colour transfers the usually dry landscape into a beautiful flower wonderland. It's called:
NAMAQUALAND!

This coloured landscape of stunning flowers stretches across thousands of kilometers in our Western Cape. Many people clammer in their cars and busses, book out the B&B's in the area and take a few days off to be part of this amazing site.

Again, my Mom has never seen this and it's definitely one of the things on her wish list! I'll have to speak to the Boss on her behalf. In the meantime, Im putting up this post for her.

If you are at all interested in this amazing phenomena, I am barking and sending you to the following websites:

The official Namaqualand website, at:
or you can get an updated flower report at"
Enjoy your day!
Lots of licks
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA

6 comments:

Ms. ~K said...

We need National Women's Day in the US!!!
The pictures are lovely!
Enjoy your day,
Kit

Stella said...

Beautiful, Max! What a treat to see all these wonderful flowers after your winter.

Happy National Women's Day to your Mom and Grandma too.

Kisses,
Stella

Hamish Westie said...

Beautiful flowers Max, thanks for showing us yet another wonderful aspect of your country.

So it's National Women's Day in South Africa and National Cat day in the USA apparently. I vote for having a national Male Dog Day, all over the world, when all of us would be free to lift our legs against any vertical surface anywhere we chose!

Cheers, H.

Cloud the Wonder Dog said...

Oh Max, the flowers are soooo beautiful!
I will tell my mom Happy Women's Day. :-)

Luv,
Cloud

The Army of Four said...

Oh, STUNNING flowers! Thanks, Max! Mom and I will go check out those websites, too!
Play bows,
Zim

Lorenza said...

National Women's Day?? Pawesome!
Sure is great to see all those flowers!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza