"MAXDOG" is now available on Amazon.com!!
Click HERE for the 'Print-on-Demand' version
Click HERE for the Kindle (USA) version
Click HERE for the Kindle (UK) version
Caryl Moll's author page on Amazon, click HERE

Dear Readers and faithful friends,

After a number of years of wonderful blogging, this blog has effectively become dormant - except for occasional updates regarding my book, MAXDOG. I have left this blog as a legacy to my dog and a place of sanctuary where we can reflect upon his life. Take your time, peruse the pages spanning Max's 18 months in cyberspace. Feel refreshed and uplifted because his story is an amazing one of..."LIVING LIFE TO THE MAX!"
My activities have now moved on to my new blog entitled "LIVING LIFE TO THE MAX". Please join me there where you can read about my family and canine companions. I also invite you to visit MAXDOG's FANPAGE on FACEBOOK. You can follow the specific links by clicking below:

* 'LIVING LIFE TO THE MAX: click HERE
*MAXDOG'S FACEBOOK FAN PAGE: click HERE
* MAXDOG, the book: click HERE

If you would like to follow me on a deeper, spiritual level, then I invite you to visit my more personal blog:

May God bless you and thank you for following me!
MAXMOM IN SOUTH AFRICA

MAXDOG's CHRISTMAS TRIBUTE

Saturday, April 10, 2010

A PHOTO OVERLOAD...FOR YOU TO ASSESS ME!

GREETINGS FROM SOUTH AFRICA!!!
MAXDOG here...
 
Hello there everybody!
As you can see...I am alive and well on this my
63rd day of Grace!!!
 
Mom says that the best way to assess how I really am is to take me on a short walk.
It seems like she is keen on assessing me as I got an extra walk this morning.
Let's say...I rose to the occasion...
 
"Please hurry Mom!"
 

"Please hurry, Max!"...
"Please hurry, Gate!"...
"Okay...what on in OUR green patch?!"...
"Free!"...
"Green patch....still in order!"...
"My DASHING girlfriend!"...
"Nothing like a cool tree to watch the world go by!"...
"MOM! Hurry now...we really want to see something else!  Let's go!"...
"This is more like it...I know this road!"...
"It has my favourite tree in it!"...
"Something you don't know about me.....
I LOVE FOLIAGE!"
"See, I obey when Mom says to "Come" and NOT cross the street!"...
"Hey TAM...there is definitely something in here!"...
"Yes!...TAMMY!...there are rats in this tree!!!"..
"Eradication!"...
"Okay...Mom says I must pose with the Autumn leaves...!"...
Did you notice that she allowed me to be off lead throughout my walk!...Not bad hey?!"...
"I have to wait for Mom's command before I run down this street! She has to check for cars first!..."

"But instead of running down the street we got distracted by the ivy!"...

"Yes...that's our home!...
"My girlfriend COOLING off...in the way she does best!"...

"Uh huh!...I still enjoy cooling my feet off!"...
"This really is 'cool' indeed!"...
"Mom?...Do you really want me to try swimming? Really?"...
"Okay, I'll fetch that frond for you!"...
"A good shake!"...
"Good as new!  What do you think?"...
"So what do you think? How do YOU assess me?!"...
"Back to following mom around..."...

I think the walk assessment is the best thing! 
It allows me to embrace life!
Anyone for a walk?!
Lotsalicks
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA

A NOTE:
I am busy transforming another of my blogs...if you are interested. We had a small accident this morning...the account is on this blog...

42 comments:

Nika + PARKER said...

Thanks for sharing MaxDog it is sooo great to see you in such great spirits and shape. I wish we could go on a walk together, i'm sure there are a ton of new smells in SA.
Have a great weekend to all....

Parker + Nika

Jake of Florida said...

You're all looking pretty cool to us!!!

Wirey woofs,

Jake and Just Harry

Moose said...

Wow! You are looking awesome MAX! That photo of you and Tammy in the Ferns is AWESOME! Your walk looks like every doggies dream! Running free but safe... what more could you ask for?
We are soooo jealous of Tammy's fountain! Moose would love to do that. He is wierd about swimming pools but a fountain with flowing water would be exactly what he wants. I wonder if I could build one for him? Hmm... Is it part of your pool or is it free standing? If it is free standing I would love to see a pic of the whole thing. Maybe I can find one on your blog though!

Piappies World said...

Hi Max!

You sure look great. We did enjoy your walkies today. Fudgie likes the cooling off part and Tammy look so comfty in her "pool". We also love your swimming form, Max.

By the way, you've met Wai-Pai and Wai-MAX! Yup, Mommy is happy to somehow have adapted your name for one of the newborn piappies. Hope it's ok with you. Fudgie is the daddy of these cute lil ones. =)

We are so happy to have another day with you. Happy 63rd day of grace. We keep praying for you.

-Fudgie, Princess, Wai-Pai, Wai-MAX & the Piappies

BRUTUS said...

You are lookin' like a young pup, MAX! What a great way to spend the afternoon. We're off to do the same now (minus the swimming part).

Snorts-
Brutus the Frenchie

Stella said...

Hey you scoundrel you! Max, you look terrific on this 63rd day of Grace!

We hope you manage to get stronger each day. With the beautiful Tammy by your side!

Kisses,
Stella

Golden Samantha said...

Happy 63rd Day of Grace of the rest of your life, Max! You look fantabulous and so excellently exuberant on your fall walkie with Tammie! In fact, both of you look very happy to er'rat'icate those pesky rodents from that tree there! WONDERFUL photos of a wonderful and enthused YOU - thank you so much for posting! Think of you all the time - absolutely true.
Huge Hugs xoxoxoxo
Sammie and Oz, too

Pip said...

Aww Max, we assesses you as GOLDEN- in every way, big guy.
It's wonderful that you can enjoy your life still. Keep getting-on my friend!
TK

Mrs. JP said...

Wow, Max look at you go! You are running, smelling, and even swimming. You are looking good buddy and, of course, your Tammy is lovely as usual. What a treat to get to be off leash. Happy day.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

MAXDOG, we think you look FABULOUS! Grace in motion!!!

Andrea said...

Maxx,
I am so happy our prayers are being answered and you are having more days with your furry siblings and humans.
Woofs and Wags,
sitka

Cloud the Wonder Dog said...

Oh Max, you look WONDERFUL today!!! It is SO good to see you enjoying your walk, and even doing some running!
Have a happy weekend!!

Luv,
Cloud and his mom

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

OMD!

What a GReat walk and GReat romp and GReat khooldown!

We are smiling!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Off to chekhk the other blog...

My Mind's Eye said...

Hi Max dog and Mom...oh my word Max you look absolutely amazing....on your 63rd day. You are certainly a good sprinter. God Bless you and your family,
Beautiful pictures,
Madi and Mom

Sheila and Bob said...

Max; What a wonderful day and walk, we have assessed you and your are truly "A Miracle From God". You are what's all good in the world,
Keep on Smiling....
Our Mom & Dad are going to check out your Mom's other blog and begin to follow that one also.

Hamish & Sophie

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

How truly wonderful to see you on your walk. You ran, you played you enjoed. I think we can say you passed with flying colours.. With love GJ x

Anonymous said...

Oh Max, I would LUVS to go for a walk with you anytime! My Most Favorite picture was the "erratication" one! Haha! I LUVED it! And I would assess you as Most Amazing and Wondrous and Handsome and Miraculous!

Happy 63rd day of Grace!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Two French Bulldogs said...

Looking good Max. It's wonderful to see you fooling around with your girl
Benny & Lily

Heather and Kelly said...

Oh Max! What beautiful pictures...and you're doing WONDERFULLY! You seem to be really enjoying the Fall weather with Maxmom and Tammy.
That fountain looks like the best place ever to cool off in! Tammy is one lucky gal to have a spot like that.
Keep it up Max, we're all thinking of you!

Unknown said...

Hey, my furiend! I haven't had any time for comments recently and I didn't want you to think I didn't care. I do! I've been checking up on you through my GR.
xoxoxo
Twinkie

Draco and his Mom said...

Max, what a wonderful day with Tammy and the Mom...you look fantastic and it is good that you are enjoying all of you day trips.
You are always in our thoughts
Draco

Sally Ann and Andy said...

Max,
You look great! You are quite the man.
Sally Ann

houndstooth said...

Max, I sure wish I had a pool like that to swim in! You look great to me! I think that tree rat erratication is very important, too!

Bunny

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Maxdog, what a perfect way to spend your 63rd day of Grace!!! I do think that walks are a good way to measure how you're feeling. Today I've been caring for one of our senior boys who just had surgery--Hamlet wanted to go for a walk this morning, but I wouldn't let him--I should have, because I think he stood by the door the whole time! I thought it was a good sign for him too!

Molly the Airedale said...

You are sure looking happy today, Max! We love the pool pictures!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

JC said...

I am thrilled for you !!!

sprinkles said...

My assessment is that you're one happy dog! Love those pictures of you and Tammy hanging out in the pool! Sometimes I wish I had one to cool off in.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Great story in photos. Especially love the last one of the 3 of them in a row.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Max, you look wonderful and even better, you look so happy!!! What a great walk you had and then a swim in the pool - just wonderful to see. Thanks for letting us share in this assessment - we needed it today.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Lorenza said...

Hi, Max!
You look great!
I am so happy to see you were out having a nice walkie... and running too!
Nice splash!
I read about your Mom's incident! Sure it was scary! Glad both of them are ok!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Mimi said...

Max, do you know how much I ♥ you?

Unknown said...

How adorable!
Looks like you really enjoyed your freedom walk, and so did Tammy, of course!
You're so lucky to have a pool to cool off too!
We'll be going over to read your other blog..

the booker man said...

you're lookin' grrreat, mr. max!! that walkie and swim must have been tons of funsies. :)
*woof*
the booker man

Elizabeth Bergesen said...

There is just something about the outdoors that is heaven to dogs. You can see it in their eyes, the way they smell the air, and the prance in their step that they are meant to spend time outside!

JacksDad said...

You make me smile! Thank you!

Yas said...

Hi max!
Great walks and runs there!
Thanks for taking us along!
The pool looks sooo inviting!!
Happy Sunday!!

Cheers
maxx

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Max ,Tammy and Tommy
What beautiful photos of wonderful family times.
Swimmming and walking and sharing each others company.
We love all these photos - they make us smile
love
tweedles

The Life of Riley said...

You are looking good Max... running down the road off leash and then a swim! It's great that you still enjoy your walks so much.

Kate said...

Looking Great Max!!!!

Sensory overload on your walk today!

Koda MD

ocmist said...

You are truly looking awesome, Max! You look like you've put on some weight and from these pics, it looks like you are feeling great... good enough to run and to swim!?! Grammy is saying Praise God!

We also read your last post and think it is awesome, again, that you have been blessed by so many WOW moments and such loving friends. The "bread that you have cast on the waters" is returning to you manyfold! And again, that picture is truly magnificent!

D.K. Wall said...

You look wonderful to us! We love how happy you are looking.

Anonymous said...

Hey Max,
Our assessment is that you never cease amazing us. That was what you would call a Wow Moment. You're so vibrant and Tammy is so lovely and Toffee is so little. We continue to pray daily for your welfare and comfort. Holding you close in our hearts as always.
- TBH&K